Gua Shais, the ancient Chinese medicine beauty tool, is created from shaped rose quartz and jade crystals. You can use it to scrape your skin and create transitory healing petechiae or bruising.
In olden times, different tools were used to scrape the skin such as a piece of jade, buffalo horn, or coin. However, the tool has gone through changes over time and instead of a buffalo horn, this jade roller-like tool is used.
Facial Gua Sha: What is It and How Do You Us It?
Facial Gua Sha is a tool used to massage the skin to make it look healthier and brighter. It promotes natural drainage of the lymph nodes and promotes blood circulation. It contours your face, releases muscular tension, and lifts skin.
To use the facial Gua Sha, scrape your skin in an upward motion. Make long strokes when you scrape your skin with it, going upwards first and then outwards. Here are the steps for scraping your skin correctly with the facial Gua Sha tool:
- Apply oil on your face to make moving the tool on your skin easier
- Place the flat side of the Gua Sha tool at the base of your neck
- Stroke upward at a 45-degree angle
- Alternatively, you can place the Gua Sha tool flat side down on your chin and shoulder and stroke in an upward direction from your jaw to your ear
What You Need to Know Before You Use This Beauty Tool?
Here’s what you need to know before you use this beauty tool to scrape your skin:
- Don’t use the beauty tool if you have sunburns, cuts, rashes, or blood coagulation issues
- Don’t store the beauty tool in the fridge, as it can constrict your blood vessels
- Always clean the tool after every three days using a mild detergent and water and allow it to dry
- Don’t share your tool with another person and if you need to give it to someone else, let them know they need to sterilize it before and after use or you can do that yourself
Where Can You Find These Beauty Tool?
You can order this beauty tool from an online store that sells it. You can also do a quick search to find out which stores in your area sell this tool. This tool is available in a variety of shapes as well, like heart -shaped.
If you want to bring back the glow in your face and long for that smooth, bright, and beautiful skin, you can use this facial Gua Sha beauty tool. You can buy a tool based on the area of the face you are treating, as different shapes may scrape an area better than others. If you are unsure about the type of shape you should get for yourself, you can ask the shop salesperson for shape recommendations.