We are all aware of the benefits of drinking water. By now, you should know that the recommended amount of water you should drink is seven to eight glasses each day. Unfortunately, most of us do not meet our daily quota of water.
In other parts of the world, people take the advice of drinking water very seriously. We’re talking about Japan, the country that introduced the Japanese Water Therapy, and that follows it wholeheartedly. It is a good practice to adopt, one that you should adopt as well.
Introducing the Japanese Water Therapy
The Japanese Water Therapy eliminates toxins from the stomach and revs up the digestive system. You should drink water early in the morning. By drinking water early in the morning, you will lose weight, because it will speed up the metabolism system and improve the digestive system. Drinking water can also treat several ailments.
The Japanese Water Therapy states that drinking several glasses of water in the morning can cure diseases and improve your health.
Following the Japanese Water Therapy
If you want to follow the Japanese Water Therapy, here’s what you need to do:
- When you wake up in the morning, you need to drink four to six glasses of lukewarm water. You need to drink at least five to six ounces of water each day on an empty stomach as soon as you wake up in the morning. If you want, you can add lemon juice to it.
- Brush your teeth after you drink water. You should not eat or drink anything for at least 45 minutes.
- When you eat food, you should not drink or eat for two hours.
- Seniors, especially those diagnosed with grave health problems as well as beginners should begin this therapy by drinking only one glass of water. Gradually, they can increase their intake of water.
- If you can’t drink four glasses of water right after the other, give yourself a break, waiting for three to five minutes before you gulp down the next glass of water. However, you should train yourself to drink four glasses of water at one time.
Other Tips to Follow
Some other tips to follow include:
- Walking quietly for one hour. This will speed up your metabolism.
- Gargle four to five times with lukewarm water, containing salt, before going to bed.
- Do not eat and drink while standing, as it can slow down the digestive system
- Always chew your food properly before you swallow it. This will assist you in digesting your food.
Try the Japanese Water Therapy if you want to alleviate stress, lose weight, and improve your digestive system. It might take you a few days or weeks to get used to it, but once you get used to drinking several glasses of water each day, you will notice a change in your health.